IMIYA BOARD MEETING
Sunday December 6, 2020
President: Josh Warren
Marketing: Dana Hanizeski
Vice-President: Brad Denning
Secretary: Sage Harrington
Treasurer: Darren Christensen
Membership Chair: Mandy Coates
Member: Theresa Hartmann
- Darren’s financials report
- Discussed making $14,000 available for scholarships next year
- Darren will draw up a budget for 2021 for us to
- Darren proposes that the Board approves one lump sum for scholarships and allow scholarship committee to decide on distribution
- Expiration of scholarships? After scholarship is awarded, scholarship monies should be spent within a 12 month period
- Parameters around scholarship funds—how many times can an applicant apply for funds from the same pool?
- Vote on Amy Beineke’s zoom class for teachers teaching in classrooms during the pandemic. Students can attend class is free but the funds would go to her as payment for teaching the class.
- Darren made a motion to award $1250 to Amy Beineke under the Teacher Outreach fund. Dana seconded the motion. It passed unanimously.
- February – start t shirt distribution
- When member orders their tshirt, include option to donate
- Sage will look into tech options for various donation levels
- DEIJ symposium
- IMIYA Anti-Racism Study Group Date – Dana to i.d. next IYNAUS DEIJ Symposium date and send email to board to hold our mtg. prior to
- Theresa Hartmann joined today’s board mtg. and shared her background in diversity training with students as a former teacher, expressing an interest in participating in the future DEIJ Symposiums.
- Theresa to formulate ideas re: diversity scholarships for next board mtg.
- Board Transition – There are 2 board positions available. Both Josh and Brad are seeking new board members, but will stay on until new members are identified. Theresa is participating to determine her best fit on the board.
- Josh and Dana to connect to discuss scholarships b 4 nxt. mtg.
For next meeting:
- Mission statement: “The Intermountain BKS Iyengar Yoga Association is committed to serve the Iyengar yoga community, by offering both educational and financial resources to current Iyengar yoga teachers, Iyengar yoga students, and the wider yoga community.”
- Next Board Meeting – January 10th, Sunday, 2 – 3 p.m. via Zoom (link from Josh)