IMIYA BOARD MEETING
Sunday April 25, 2021
President: Theresa Hartmann
Vice President: Joanne Pearson
Treasurer: Darren Christensen
Marketing: Dana Hanizeski
Membership Chair: Mandy Coates
Member: Josh Warren
Secretary: Rebecca Wallace
Member: Brad Denning
- YCD Digital Library – Dana & Theresa – Library materials to digitize.
- Response to IYSW regarding request for outreach info. – They asked for guidance on how to transform scholarships into membership. Can we each please provide 2 sentences on scholarship development and send to Theresa. Dana mentioned the teachers we work with already had existing offerings and that other regions need to search out teachers in their own community in order to establish those connections.
- Regional Representative Update
- IMIYA Friends
- Quarterly Meeting in Person/ June or August – Would you prefer June or August? Please respond with your preference.
- Teacher Training
- New Recipients/Applicants
- Continuing Education
- Update on new applicants
- Outreach: Breathe Out IYANE – Trying it out for about 4 months. Joanne & Theresa looking over regions. So far very successful. Will meet to discuss at a later date. Another region is having talks about Ahimsa in Action.
- Avery’s May Class: Should we post this on our web page? Dana brought up that an attorney suggested to watch the wording when advertising. A special class for one group should never exclude anyone. No matter what group you are trying to reach always add that this workshop is for EVERYONE.
- Teacher Training
- 501(c)3/1023 ez Update
Theresa is on the bank account and Brad has been removed.
- CO Secretary of State Update: Savings!
- 1023 ez moving forward – makes us available to offer tax deductions to our members
- Shared paperwork Darren and Theresa
- Quickbooks – So far Darren has entered all the transaction history into QB
- MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- Update Board Member Page – Bios will be completed by Rebecca and will add the new mission statement.
- Update Mission Statement on Web page
- Update DEIJ page – This page needs worked on and updated. Joanne volunteered to help Theresa update it.
- Membership Ideas – Mandy and Dana need to discuss T-shirts and the possible distribution of them. In person membership event in late summer – early August. At a park possibly. Maybe first week in August. Theresa offered up her place near Boulder as an option. Someone mentioned Sunken Gardens Park, which is a nice big park in Denver with a central location near I-25.
- Book Group : Review Chapter 6-7 of White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo/ Next Date will be in June and will hopefully sync back up with DEIJ/IMIYA LINK will come later. Questions – Should we continue this? Does anyone want to take the lead? Think about it and provide input.
- DEIJ Meeting Update: Specialized trainings, Breathe Out, Ahimsa Groups, Individual Committees
- Current Mission Statement: “The Intermountain BKS Iyengar Yoga Association is committed to study, teach, disseminate, and promote the art, science, and philosophy of yoga according to the teachings and philosophy of B.K.S. Iyengar. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.”
- Revised Mission Statement: “The Intermountain BKS Iyengar Yoga Association is committed to serve the Iyengar yoga community, by offering both educational and financial resources to current Iyengar yoga teachers, Iyengar yoga students and the wider yoga community.”